Our »Enterprise Information Integration« division supports companies with advice, feasibility studies and systems specifically designed to help combine and integrate heterogeneous data sets originating from different sources in a range of formats. We use our specialist data mining expertise to enrich and analyze the data before implementing innovative »Enterprise Mashups« which make it possible for in-house data to be used for a variety of specific purposes. Fraunhofer IAIS has also developed tailored information systems with specialized search functions to provide access to the data.
New data sources are constantly being made available many of which, such as Open Government Data and Linked Open Data, are free and publicly accessible. Others, such as customer data bases and product data bases need to be paid for whilst some already exist within the company itself. Companies should be regularly asking themselves questions such as: Have they fully unlocked the potential of the data they have access to? Could processes be introduced aimed at increasing quality and efficiency? Could new value added services be made available to their end clients? By combining and integrating different data sources it becomes possible to offer innovative, data driven business models which give a crucial competitive edge over the competition.
Our core skills
- The execution of feasibility studies plus advice regarding data driven business models and process optimization
- Adding value to data pools through analyzing and enhancing the quality of the data within them
- Conceptualizing and converting data products and information systems as a basis for data driven business models
- Planning and developing information cockpits as tailored information systems for use with integrated data pools (e. g. for R&D)
- Linking and integrating heterogeneous data sources
- Conceptualizing and developing culture portals as information systems for the use with integrated and linked digital data pools; adjusting existing products to new applications